Ford Ranger Rock Sliders | Ford Ranger Off-Road Rock Slider
Buy a Ford Ranger rock slider at AutoCraze and give your ride that extra protection when you’re smashing it off-road. Don’t let your Ranger get scratched and damaged from stray rocks and sticks when going off-track. That’s the last thing you want to happen when taking your rig off-road for the weekend.
If you’re unsure about what Ford Ranger rock slider you need for your ride. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1800 099 634 to talk with one of our 4WD specialist who will help guide you on the right track on getting a Ford Ranger rock slider.
What is a Ford Ranger rock slider?
A Ford Ranger rock slider is a 4wd accessory designed to protect your Ranger from any rocks, logs and other obstacles which you may come across when going off-road. All Ford Ranger rock sliders are designed and made to take on a good knock and in some cases allow you to slide over rocks without causing any damage to your Ranger.
It’s important that when you’re buying a Ford Ranger rock slider that you get a high-quality set of rock sliders. If you’re getting a set of cheapy low-quality rock sliders, you may actually end up causing more damage to your Ranger than you had initially hoped.
Why Do You Need A Ford Ranger Rock Slider?
There’s those who love to smash it off-road on the weekend with their rig and there are those who just want to cruise around the sand and down the trail looking for that beautiful spot. However, there’s a wide range of driving styles and abilities out there, and of course different levels of acceptance of damage to your vehicle. Let’s just say that you don’t want your rig to just look cool but also perform as though it was meant to be for off-roading.
There are a few reasons on why you would want to get a 4×4 rock slider on your rig before going off-roading with it.
- Body protection – The first reason why you would want to get a 4×4 rock slider is to of course protect it from any damage. Especially when encountering with rocks and logs that can come really close to denting or ripping a massive hole in the body of your rig.
- Kickout – some 4×4 rock sliders come with a kicker. What this means is that your rock slider has a little bump at the back of the slider that pushes your rig over and away from an obstacle. Protecting your body and keeping your rear tire out of the obstacle.
- Pivot Point – For those who want to take your off-roading experience to the next level. You can use your rock slider to do some fancy driving and pivoting around obstacles using the slider. This is one technique you can use for tight turns.
- Recovery/Stabilizer Point – High-quality rock sliders that have adequate attachments points for flipping you back on your tyres if you are to roll over when off-roading.
- Step – There are times where you may have to stop in deep mud or puddles and get out of your 4×4. If your rock slider is wide enough it can let you wiggle your way out or provide a jumping off point allowing you to get on solid ground.
[MUST WATCH | FORD RANGER SLIDER 4X4 ACCESSORIES]
CALL 1800 099 634 TO SAVE ON YOUR FORD RANGER ROCK SLIDER
Rock Slider Finishes // Ford Ranger Road Rock Sliders
Several different coatings are available for rock sliders, but if you wheel your truck hard, coatings won’t matter. There is no coating that will stand up to repeated abuse on rocks.
There are three finishes you can get from manufacturers. They are:
Bare metal – This is cheaper than a finished slider. Since you’re going to prep, prime, and coat the sliders you can do whatever you want to them, including painting them pink and stencilling on the outline of a Colt M1911.
Painted – Usually black, sometimes other basic colours.
Powdercoated – This is the next level of swank. While it is a beautiful, hard coating, it will chip if kissed by enough rocks. Most normal people don’t have the equipment to do powder coating and most fab shops farm this out anyway. It’s only worth the extra expense if you won’t be seriously scraping your sliders. Powder coating is better for 4×4 campers and mudders. Powdercoated sliders cost significantly more than bare metal.
Uneek 4×4 Rock Sliders // AutoCraze
If you’re looking for quality 4×4 accessories in the market for your rig then AutoCraze can vouch that Uneek 4×4 could be one of the best off-road accessories on the market to date. All Uneek 4×4 accessories are designed to be bolted on with no welding is required.
Uneek 4×4 combination of RHS steel and round tube has given it some serious strength while still making it relatively light for off-road use.
These Uneek 4×4 rock sliders are some of the toughest 4×4 accessories out there in the market today. Designed to take on a barrage of abuse when going off-roading. However, they’re also designed to collapse in a road accident to ensure that your airbags will still work.
- Proudly made in Australia
- Air Bag Compliant (tested by independent certifier)
- Suits PX Ranger and 2011- current BT50
- Heavy duty steel construction
- Rock slider has a step incorporated into it
- Welded on tube is angled up 30 degrees for better off-road clearance
- Bolt on tread plate up top is stamped 2mm sheet with burst out profile that offers superior grip to diamond plate
- Each end cap to the rectangular section has 3 welded on nuts for other accessories like scrub rails, roof rack supports or mud flaps
- Easy instal mounts directly to chassis with no drilling cutting or welding
- Powder coated in textured black
Ford Ranger Mag Wheels & Tyres // AutoCraze
Modify your Ford Ranger with AutoCraze’s large range of 4×4 wheels. Over 6000 wheels from big brands like Fuel, KMC, Grid, Moto Metal, Tuff, Asanti and loads more. AutoCraze has Ford Ranger wheels ranging from 16″ to 22″ diameter sizes with over 50 different finishes including matte black, chrome, anthracite, gloss black, machined face and even custom finish on certain wheels.
Save loads more when you pair your Ford Ranger wheels with a set of tyres from the biggest named brands such as Falken, Nitto, Dunlop, Pirelli, Achilles, BF Goodrich and heaps more.
Wheels: Grid GD06
Finishes Available: Matte Black Machined Face w/ Dark Matte Tint | Gloss Black Milled
Sizes Available: 20″
Wheels: Fuel Pump
Finishes Available: Matte Black
Sizes Available: 18″ | 20″
4×4 Ford Ranger Accessories // AutoCraze
Buy Ford Ranger Accessories at AutoCraze. Stocked with the largest range of quality Ford Ranger Accessories in the market including wheels, tyres, lift kits, nudge bars, headlight trims, and much more. If you’re looking to upgrade your Ford Ranger at AutoCraze, then you’ve come to the right place.
We’re the 4×4 specialist with over 30 years of combined experience in the automotive industry. Decking out some of the most good looking and badass Rangers around. Just look at our gallery or check out our youtube channel to see what we can do for you.
Ford Ranger 4×4 Lift Kit-Suspension // AutoCraze
Lift your Ford Ranger at AutoCraze with top brand names including Dobinsons, Fox, Bilstein, EFS, Tough Dog and our very own AutoCraze lift kit which has been designed and tested for the harshest Australian conditions.
AutoCraze have in-house suspension specialist with over 30 years of combined experience in the industry. Lifting over hundreds of 4WD’s including Ranger, Hilux, Amarok, Navara, BT-50 and more.
[CHECK OUT WHAT THIS HAPPY CUSTOMER SAID ABOUT AUTOCRAZE]
CALL 1800 099 634 TO ORDER YOUR FORD RANGER ROCK SLIDER