Want to reinvigorate the look of your ride? Powder coat your wheels.
Powder coating wheels is the easy and cheaper alternative than buying brand new.
From small and passenger cars to European and 4WD cars, AutoCraze has thousands of wheels to choose from.
Powder coatings Colours
There are a variety of colours and finishes available;
Custom colours are also available with various gloss
Powder coatings price and costs
Powder coating wheels can cost anywhere from $175 per wheel onwards*. These prices may vary according many factors including;
- Wheel condition – Scuffs, damages or cracks & scratches can affect how difficult it is for the powder coat to adhere. Typically before powder coating you would want to remove any clear coat and bring the wheel to it’s raw finish. This will provide the best adhesion to the wheel and ultimately a longer lasting finish.
- Type of paint – The colour of the paint you select can determine the price. Specialty colours and
- Design – For cast wheels, some drivers may go for dual colours for the 3 piece look. This is typically not recommended as the seams are generally difficult to keep clean and may flake.
For custom powder coated wheels or wheel repairs, call AutoCraze on 1800 099 634
What is powder coating?
It is a finishing process of coating a fine dry powder electrostatically to a surface. When applied and hardens, the coating thickens making it tougher than conventional wet painting processes. Due to it’s strong adhesion, this process is typically in most automotive applications including wheels.
Because wheels are subject to high speeds, extreme heat and various external elements, powder coating is the ideal painting application for wheels.
Advantages & disadvantages of powder coating
- Denser and thicker than conventional painting meaning stronger and long lasting finishes
- Typically requires only single coat making the entire process simpler
- Powder coating can only be applied in thicker coats as the
- Requires more complex spray materials and ovens
Alternatives of Powder Coating
Don’t want the hassle of powder coating your wheel but love to customise your wheels constantly?
With new wheels being released, brands are trying to give consumers new ways to customise their wheels.
Introducing the new wave of customisation for cast wheels; the KMC Rockstar III.
With a simple screw you can completely change the look of your wheels using coloured inserts. From the centre cap to the rings and the spokes, you can customise the look your wheel with a wide range of finishes.
Colours available are;
There are a variety of inserts as well including a split spoke for a more intricate design or simple ring highlights. The choice is yours, it’s up to you.
Where can you powder coat your wheels in Sydney, Brisbane, M