- If you’re looking to fix a punctured tyre, you must always remove the wheel from the vehicle for inspection.
- When you get your tyres repaired at AutoCraze, we will always ensure that your tyres are repaired according to the Australian Tyre Repair Standard to give you ease and comfort.
- Any penetration causing a hole in the tread area of the tyre that is not exceeding 6mm diameter may be repaired, otherwise you will have to replace it completely.
- If the penetration of the tyre is greater than 6mm or is localised either in the sidewall, shoulder or bead area of the tyre then it is unrepairable and must be replaced to ensure that your safety is not compromised.
- Call 1800 099 634 to speak with our tyre specialists today!
Repairs to Self Sealing Tyres
Repairs to Seal Inside Tyres may be made in accordance to the Australian Tyre Standard.
This revolutionary tyre design allows the vehicle to continue moving despite a loss of tyre pressure and is able to function as a "get home" solution. This avoids the inconvenience of all that may be associated with changing the tyre at the roadside.
Following a penetration, during the repair procedure it will be necessary to remove the internal sealant in the area of the penetration equal to the size of the repair patch to expose the impermeable butyl liner.
The removal of the sealant will mean that the patched area will lose its special technical characteristics of a Seal Inside tyre.
Repairs to Run Flat Tyres
A run flat tyre is a revolutionary tyre design that allows the vehicle to continue moving despite a loss of tyre pressure and is able to function as a "get home" solution. This avoids the inconvenience of all that may be associated with changing the tyre at the roadside.
Run flat tyres are designed to have a "get you home capability" and depending on the particular tyre brand, can be operated up to a distance of 100km, provided the maximum speed of the vehicle does not exceed 80km/hr.
When punctured and operated in a deflated state, the tyre condition will have to be carefully assessed to evaluate the suitability and integrity of the tyre’s casing prior to carrying out any repair.
There are specific guidelines for the repair of run flat tyres and it should be noted that not all tyre manufacturers approve of the repair to their products.
Range of services available at AutoCraze:
- Wheel alignment
- Wheel balancing
- Tyre repair
- Tyre rotation
- Car servicing
- Lift kits
- Mag wheels
- 4x4 accessories